Invest-Hotel Scheme (IHS)
The newest of the three schemes, IHS provides investors with a unique opportunity to enjoy rental income from their investment without the hassle of actually managing and marketing the property oneself. The Invest-Hotel is a scheme designed to allow property developers to sell hotel rooms, villas, suites or any other part of a hotel to individual buyers during and post construction phases.
While this scheme paves the way to facilitate the overall financing of new hotel projects, it offers individual buyers all the facilities of an exquisitely-furnished new luxury resort hotel run by experienced hotel operators/brands with amenities like F&B, full-service spas, health and fitness centres, resort-style pools, sophisticated business centres and maid service and the promise of rental income.
The Invest-Hotel Scheme provides:
- for the development of a hotel on either free-hold or lease-hold land of more than 1 hectare where units, villas, suites or other parts of the hotel can be sold;
- that the buyer of a unit enters into a lease agreement by which the property is leased back to the seller; and
- that the unit leased to the seller may be used and occupied by the unit owner or any person on his behalf for a total of not more than 45 days in any period of 12 months.
- If a standalone villa within the IHS is purchased it may not be less than USD 500,000.
- If any other unit within the IHS is purchased other than a standalone villa there is no minimum investment required.